lege mea Vates cantu, normaque leguntur –Albertino Mussato
My name: g.v. wilkes iv, phd
My location: Victoria, BC, Canada
This be a vanity blog, my brothers and sisters. Vanity, all is vanity. And a lot of combat, criticism, and commentary.
The views I express here are my own, only my own, solely my own, and I represent no person, no group, and no institution, other than myself, and even then only partially and inconsistently, as my actions, and my intentions, are seldom in perfect accord, and they are subject to constant revision, review, clarification, and correction.
brilliant diamond pavillion of radiant archival splendour
Harley on struggle against the U.S. cons… parakeimena.blogspot… on struggle against the U.S. cons… www.directory.conua.… on struggle against the U.S. cons…
- 27,854 hits
- Annotated Anthony Weiner Campaign Ad: youtu.be/0XYbjgYpPW0 2 hours ago
- Delinquent Student Loans Hit Record, 30% Of 20-24 Year Olds Are Unemployed And Not In School zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-2… 2 hours ago
- “Stay off of Facebook and all of that. Leave that alone!” she called out to [NYC Mayoral candidate Weiner]. - s.shr.lc/14VmhjA 2 hours ago
- “Instead of a hug, I really wanted a text!” she exclaimed. s.shr.lc/14VmhjA Said one of Weiner's supporters in Harlem this morning. 2 hours ago
- Global Market Rout Spreads on.wsj.com/13LacuT keep calm and keep buying risky assets because of our "recovering" economies ... right? 3 hours ago
- RT @NeinQuarterly: what the fuck? = fiction. what the fuck. = non-fiction. what doth fuck? = historical fiction. 3 hours ago
- RT @daniel_bilar: Google, FB & Twitter may be sued over 2-Factor Auth 1997 patent [go @KimDotcom balls the size of Texas ] https://t.co/gth… 3 hours ago
- RT @zerohedge: As a reminder, the physical market "may need to absorb 400,000 tons of copper" due to China's CCFD closure - Goldman 3 hours ago
- RT @NeinQuarterly: People might have been happier before social media, but we wouldn't have known. 3 hours ago
- RT @rwmonty: @bmcnely "oral history" is code for "we were too lazy to sort out our interview notes and write a proper longform" 3 hours ago
- Annotated Anthony Weiner Campaign Ad (by TheDailyBeastVideo)
- The retro-futurist commie-mommy babushka dancers take me back to...
- U.S. Acknowledges Killing 4 Americans in Drone Strikes - NYTimes.com
- A reversal will come. The odds on this are 100%. You cannot have every asset class on the planet in a bubble forever. The world does not operate this way. | Zero Hedge
- Apple Meets The "Fairness Doctrine", Is Set To Pay A Whole Lot More In Taxes | Zero Hedge
- "It’s instructive to go back to the dawn of Hope and Change. It was 2009, and the new administration..."
- "If it were so inclined, Tumblr could hold on to the porn and remain in the good graces of the feds..."
- "Monday’s revelation amounts to the fifth iteration of the Obama administration’s account of events,..."
- "It’s too early to say whether Yahoo will screw up Tumblr—by making it ugly, by introducing terrible..."
- Is This Why TED Talks Seem So Convincing? — Priceonomics Blog
- How Adult Tumblrs Could Land Yahoo In A Legal Pinch | Fast Company | Business + Innovation
- Yahoo's Acquisition of Tumblr: A Giant Tumble Into the Unknown : The New Yorker
- Levi's Baphomet
- Strange Goings-On at the White House | National Review Online
- The Nine Lies of Lois Lerner | National Review Online
- IRS Commissioner: Yeah, we staged that Lerner apology « Hot Air
- In a Circuslike Outing, Weiner Hits the Campaign Trail - New York Times
- Obama nominates former campaign aide to federal personnel agency - Fox News
- Anthony Weiner kicks mayoral campaign into gear with first official event at ... - New York Daily News
- New Coca-Cola ad campaign mired in sensitive Israeli identity politics - Washington Post (blog)
- Now Batting: An Underdog in Orange and Blue - New York Times
- Fresh Ticket Oak Campaign A Boost For StubHub Perception - Forbes
- Amanda Seyfried Nabs Another Givenchy Campaign; Saks and Neiman Marcus ... - Daily Beast
- President Obama producer volunteered for Anthony Weiner campaign ... - New York Daily News
- Anthony Weiner's first day of mayoral campaign spent at home - New York Daily News
- Germany's main opposition party turns 150 amid sputtering election campaign ... - Washington Post
- Obama speech to outline counterterrorism policy - USA TODAY
- First on CNN: Bill Clinton's $106 million speech circuit windfall - CNN (blog)
- Jain Halts Speech as Deutsche Bank Protestors Vent Anger - Bloomberg
- Obama Drones Speech To Lay Out Rationale, Reiterate Guantanamo Bay ... - Huffington Post
- Obama Speech Expected To Touch On Drones, Guantanamo - NPR
tagsargument associated press barack obama campaign ad canada Carol E. Lee debt ceiling deepwater horizon tragedy Democrats economic crisis economics economy enthymeme financial Times Glenn Thrush GOP gulf of mexico oil spill health-care reform insanity jobs media midterm elections 2010 mitt romney New York Times november elections obama online.wsj.com policy politico politico.com politics realclearpolitics.com Republicans reuters rhetoric speech taxes tax policy tea party thehill.com U.S. wall street journal washington post white house www.politico.com
Category Archives: speculative
Yuri Nosovsky writes the following for Pravda.Ru in an article titled Beauty won’t save the world:
[...] It turns out, beauty is not an insurance against evil, on the contrary, it often contributes to the manifestation of the darkest parts of human soul. It is more than jealousy or desire to have the same thing as your neighbor. Beautiful creations of nature can also manifest dark instincts.
After a series of studies, this phenomenon was noticed by scientists at Yale University in the U.S. Often, for example, seeing a pretty baby, even the baby’s relatives squeeze their cheeks, clearly mimicking pinches. While no real pain is inflicted, the intent is obvious. A similar reaction may be caused by cute kittens, puppies, etc. [...]
- Watching Cat Videos and Puppies Can Lead to “Cute Aggression” Behavior [Pictures!]
- “Cute-Aggression”: It’s a Thing
- ‘I Wanna Eat You Up!’ Why We Go Crazy for Cute
[Willard Mitt Romney's] Hopes for wrapping up the nomination with a quick-strike victory, which would require a strong showing in Iowa, are fading, write Jonathan Martin, Maggie Haberman and Reid J. Epstein for POLITICO.com in a story titled Gingrich surge prompts Romney reboot
Martin, Haberman, and Epstein continue:
[...] And finally, to all Canadians: Canada is a great country, one of the hopes of the world. We can be a better one – a country of greater equality, justice, and opportunity. We can build a prosperous economy and a society that shares its benefits more fairly. We can look after our seniors. We can offer better futures for our children. We can do our part to save the world’s environment. We can restore our good name in the world. We can do all of these things because we finally have a party system at the national level where there are real choices; where your vote matters; where working for change can actually bring about change. In the months and years to come, New Democrats will put a compelling new alternative to you. My colleagues in our party are an impressive, committed team. Give them a careful hearing; consider the alternatives; and consider that we can be a better, fairer, more equal country by working together. Don’t let them tell you it can’t be done.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world [...]
I have no comment worthy of this elegant farewell address except to say that I cried.